Saturday 23 April 2016

Is it possible to read one book a day?

I'm sure you must have heard that "if you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book". I am also sure that you are offended by this (if you are black). One thing I am not sure of, is the source of this quote. I want to believe it was said by a black man who observed his fellow men, took note and said the words quoted.

Here's why you should not feel offended...you are reading this right now, you are an exception. However, it is up to you and I to increase the exceptions until there quoted words of our hypothetical observer become false.

Today is World book day. You probably noticed when you tried to google something (if you use Google). However, awareness and appreciation for books can only be spread by those who read. I have read (cover to cover) a shelf full of books in my life so far but in my second shelf are books I open to read a few pages, and this I do daily.

I have gained a lot from reading, and I dream of a day when every Nigerian will desire to read as opposed to being forced to do so (usually because exams demand it).

You don't have to finish a book from cover  to cover within 24 hours before you consider yourself as a person who has read one book a day. You will find that the page you read will play a huge part in making your day worthwhile and life is lived day by day.

Please read a book today.

NB: book does not have to be a physical copy, there are such things as e-books and audio books.




No comments:

Post a Comment